Greetings, fellow contact lens wearers! Today, we embark on a sacred journey to discover the art of properly cleaning those magical discs that bring clarity to our vision. Grab your lens case and let’s dive right in!
Gather Your Cleaning Supplies
Before we begin, make sure you have all the necessary tools at hand:
- A bottle of contact lens solution (preferably the non-dinosaur breath scented one)
- A lens case resembling a mini UFO (or any other case that does the job)
- A pair of clean, dry hands (it’s time to show off your exceptional hand hygiene skills)
Step 1: Vamos! Remove Your Lenses
Start by washing those magical discs right off your eyes. Clean hands are a must! With finesse and precision, gently pluck your contact lenses like the superstar you are.
Step 2: Time for a Soothing Bubble Bath
Transfer your lenses to the palm of your hand (not the Bermuda Triangle) and generously apply the contact lens solution. It’s like a relaxing spa treatment for your lenses, leaving them refreshed and ready for action.
Step 3: Rub-a-Dub-Dub, It’s Lens Cleaning Time
Show those lenses some love! Using your index finger, gently rub each side of the lens for about 20 seconds. Caution: no vigorous scrubbing or competitive lens polishing here.
Step 4: Rinse Away the Worries
Rinse your lenses thoroughly with the contact lens solution. Imagine them singing in a tiny shower – pure lens bliss!
Step 5: A Cozy Nap for Your Lenses
Transfer your lenses into the case, filling it with fresh solution. Remember, the lens case deserves some love too! Screw the top on to ensure their cozy, germ-free slumber.
Step 6: The Wait Is Over – Overnight Soak
Leave the lens case closed and let your lenses have a good night’s sleep in the solution. They deserve their beauty rest – and you deserve the best vision possible in the morning!
Step 7: Rise and Shine, Sparkling Lenses!
Wash your hands (again, yes, it’s important), remove your lenses from their lush slumber, give them one last rinse, and voilà! You’re ready to conquer the world with crystal clear vision.
Remember, dear contact lens connoisseurs, cleanliness is next to lens liness. Keep up with your cleaning routine and you’ll enjoy a lifetime of comfortable, healthy lens wearing. Happy seeing!
Here are some tips for maintaining good hygiene when cleaning your contact lenses:
1. Start by washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water. This step is crucial to prevent introducing any dirt or bacteria into your eyes.
2. Use a clean towel or paper towel to dry your hands before handling your contact lenses. Avoid using fabric towels, as they may harbor bacteria.
3. Remove your contact lenses gently, using a light touch and avoiding any excessive pulling or tugging. This will prevent damage to the lenses.
5. Use your index finger to rub each side of the lens in a gentle circular motion for about 20 seconds. This will help remove any debris or protein buildup on the lenses.
6. Rinse the lenses thoroughly with contact lens solution to remove any remaining debris or cleaning solution. Do not use tap water or saliva to rinse the lenses, as they may introduce harmful bacteria.
7. Fill your lens case with fresh contact lens solution and place the lenses inside. Close the case tightly to ensure a secure and germ-free environment for your lenses.
8. Let your lenses soak in the solution overnight. This step is important for disinfecting the lenses and maintaining their cleanliness.
9. In the morning, wash your hands again before removing the lenses from the case. Rinse the lenses with contact lens solution to remove any residual solution.
10. Insert the lenses into your eyes and enjoy clear, comfortable vision throughout the day.
Remember to follow the cleaning instructions provided by your eye care professional and to replace your lenses as recommended. This will help maintain good eye health and ensure the longevity of your contact lenses.