How to Wear Contact Lenses for Therapists and Counselors
Being a therapist or counselor can be challenging, but it’s important to remember that even professionals in these fields have their own unique struggles. One common issue faced by many in this line of work is the need for vision correction. If you’re tired of wearing glasses and want to explore the world of contact lenses, this light-hearted guide is here to help you navigate through the process with a smile!
Why Consider Contact Lenses?
Wearing glasses while providing therapy or counseling sessions can sometimes present challenges. They might reflect glares, limit your peripheral vision, or fog up during intense moments. Contact lenses offer a fantastic alternative by providing clear vision without any physical obstructions. Plus, they can give you that extra boost of confidence!
Picking the Perfect Pair
Before diving into the world of contact lenses, it’s essential to consult an optometrist who will guide you through the process. They’ll examine your eyes, take measurements, and recommend lenses that suit your needs and lifestyle. You’ll have a variety of options to choose from, including daily disposables, extended wear, and even fun-colored lenses to spice up your style!
Mastering the Art of Lens Insertion
Inserting contact lenses may initially feel awkward, but fear not, you’ll become a pro in no time! Follow these steps:
- Gently wash your hands to ensure cleanliness.
- Place the lens on your fingertip, resembling a tiny, delicate UFO.
- Use your non-dominant hand to hold open your upper eyelid.
- Gently pull down your lower eyelid with your middle or ring finger.
- Look straight into the mirror and bring the lens closer to your eye, avoiding any excessive blinking or sudden flinching.
- Align the lens with your iris and gently place it on your eye’s surface.
- Blink a few times to adjust the lens position and voila, you’re lensed up!
Maintaining Your Marvelous Lenses
Your optometrist will provide detailed instructions on lens care, but here are some general tips:
- Use the recommended cleaning solution to keep your lenses squeaky clean.
- Be diligent about disinfecting your lenses regularly.
- Avoid sleeping or swimming with your lenses on, unless you have extended wear lenses.
- If you experience any discomfort, irritation, or redness, remove the lenses and consult your eye doctor. Safety first!
Confidence is Key
Now that you’re rocking your contact lenses, it’s time to embrace a newfound confidence! Remember, your clients come to you for guidance, and your improved visual comfort will enhance your ability to connect with them. Plus, you’ll feel fabulous doing it!
Parting Words from a Lens-Wearing Therapist
“Contact lenses have been a game-changer for me as a therapist. Not only do they improve my vision, but they also add a touch of glamour to my sessions. I can now listen, empathize, and provide guidance with style!” – Dr. Lily Visionary, Licensed Therapist
So make your sessions shine bright with the clarity of contact lenses!