TAMPA (BLOOM) – In a world that is constantly changing, with rapid technological advancements and shifting societal norms, the conversation around beauty has taken on a new meaning. Entrepreneur and Content Creator Alexia Gonzalez recently appeared on the global health and wellness show, Bloom, hosted by Gayle Guyardo, to discuss how we can redefine beauty in a more modern way.
“In our highly digital world, exterior beauty often takes precedence. However, it is crucial that we explore beauty trends that go beyond makeup and skincare routines and focus on self-love and holistic well-being in order to achieve true radiance and become our most beautiful selves,” said Gonzalez. During her appearance on Bloom, she shared some valuable tips with viewers:
- The Soft Life Trend + Embracing Simplicity — In a world that often glorifies the hustle culture, the “Soft Life” trend has emerged, encouraging individuals to find beauty in simplicity and move away from the constant grind. From minimalist aesthetics to slow living, people are redefining their pursuit of happiness beyond material gains. TikTokers like XX have played a significant role in popularizing this lifestyle and aesthetic.
- Mind-Body Connection + Mindful Practices for Anxiety Control — Beauty is not just about what we see in the mirror; it is also a state of mind. With constant overstimulation in our hyperconnected and digital world, it is essential to prioritize anxiety control. Practices such as mindfulness, meditation, and self-care are crucial for maintaining overall health. Mindful activities like yoga, meditation, gratitude journaling, coloring, crafts, and self-affirmations are becoming essential beauty rituals.
- Confidence = the Ultimate Beauty Enhancer — Confidence is the secret sauce that amplifies beauty. Modern discussions around beauty now emphasize the importance of embracing one’s uniqueness, celebrating individuality, and fostering self-love.
- Boundaries + Preserving Your Peace — Setting boundaries has become an act of self-love and preservation in our hyperconnected world. Whether it’s managing screen time, creating personal space, or saying ‘no’ when necessary, establishing healthy boundaries is crucial.
- Connection Between Nutrition + Beauty — The saying “you are what you eat” has taken on a new dimension. Nourishing your body is a key element of beauty. Share your favorite beauty-boosting foods and any dietary changes that have positively impacted your skin and overall well-being. Beauty enthusiasts are recognizing the correlation between a nutritious diet and glowing skin. Conversations around superfoods, mindful eating, and nutrition for beauty are gaining traction.
- TO DO: Social Media Detox — Social media has become a virtual runway for beauty ideals. The influence of filters, body positivity movements, and representation is shaping the narrative of beauty in the digital age. It is important to remember not to compare ourselves to others and to focus on our own journey. Taking breaks from social media for mental health is empowering and necessary in a screen-dominated world.
- BEAUTY IS SUBJECTIVE — Embracing all shapes and sizes is crucial. Body positivity is not just a trend; it is a movement.